Cleaning up vomit is a fact of life if you're lucky enough to have a dog in your life. Although all dogs vomit from time to time, it's important to distinguish between simple upset stomachs and mo ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 12-27-2017
Dogs can be curious. And if they are near a pet, they may decide to eat it. Unfortunately, there are many plants that can make your dog sick or are poisonous to dogs. Here are a few of the most poisonous plants to dogs. However, be aware that this is not an all-inclusive list. Do your research or ask your vet for a list of all of the plants that may be poisonous to your dog.
The leaves on an azalea plant are highly toxic to dogs. Ingesting just a few can lead to oral irritation, followed by vomiting and diarrhea. If your dog eats a lot or is small, their blood pressure can drop, they can fall into a coma or even die.
Any part of the daffodil plant can make your dog sick. But the bulbs are the worst part. Ingesting the bulb or a lot of other parts of the plant can lead to your dog having diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain, heart arrhythmias, convulsions and a drop in blood pressure.
Just like with the daffodil, the entire tulip is poisonous. But the bulb is the worst part. If your dog eats a tulip, they may experience oral irritation, a large amount of drooling and nausea and vomiting.
Some of the other common plants that can be harmful to dogs include:
Is your dog poisoned near Waldorf? If so, they need emergency care from a professional. If you suspect your dog has eaten something that may have been poisonous to them, such as a plant, bring them to Waldorf Emergency care immediately. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days per year.
Contact us at 301-705-9700 to get answers to any questions you may have or to ask if you are experiencing a pet emergency.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.