Have you noticed more and more dogs wearing backpacks lately? More than just a fashion statement, backpacks offer the perfect place to stow water for a long walk and give working breeds a sense of ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 12-27-2017
Dogs can be curious. And if they are near a pet, they may decide to eat it. Unfortunately, there are many plants that can make your dog sick or are poisonous to dogs. Here are a few of the most poisonous plants to dogs. However, be aware that this is not an all-inclusive list. Do your research or ask your vet for a list of all of the plants that may be poisonous to your dog.
The leaves on an azalea plant are highly toxic to dogs. Ingesting just a few can lead to oral irritation, followed by vomiting and diarrhea. If your dog eats a lot or is small, their blood pressure can drop, they can fall into a coma or even die.
Any part of the daffodil plant can make your dog sick. But the bulbs are the worst part. Ingesting the bulb or a lot of other parts of the plant can lead to your dog having diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain, heart arrhythmias, convulsions and a drop in blood pressure.
Just like with the daffodil, the entire tulip is poisonous. But the bulb is the worst part. If your dog eats a tulip, they may experience oral irritation, a large amount of drooling and nausea and vomiting.
Some of the other common plants that can be harmful to dogs include:
Is your dog poisoned near Waldorf? If so, they need emergency care from a professional. If you suspect your dog has eaten something that may have been poisonous to them, such as a plant, bring them to Waldorf Emergency care immediately. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days per year.
Contact us at 301-705-9700 to get answers to any questions you may have or to ask if you are experiencing a pet emergency.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.